This page gives you a summary of new and updated features in the Shropshire Safeguarding Children Board website as well as other useful information about relevant news and events in Shropshire.
- Suicide Prevention guidance and pathway has been revised in February 2018.
- Self Harm guidance and pathway has been revised in February 2018.
New access arrangements for the 0-25 service will be commencing on Monday 4th December. The new access team will available between 9.00am and 17.00pm Monday to Friday to receive referrals for young people. Referrals can be received electronically by secure email to 025SPA@sssft.nhs.uk or by phoning 0300 124 0093. The electronic referral form is attached into the link.
- The SSCB Annual Report 2016-17 has been published.
- A new multi-agency referral form (MARF) has been developed. This form should be used in conjunction with the thresholds document ‘Accessing the Right Service at the Right Time’ in order to support agencies in making good quality referrals to Children’s Social Care - MARF & Threshold Document
- Learning & Improvement Briefing 11 What's New April 17 - this briefing shows a full list of strategies, practitioner guidance, and procedures launched in April 2017
- As of 1 April 2017, SSCB shares our LSCB procedures with nine other LSCBs. The new procedures manual is where you'll find links to a number of revised and newly developed local guidance documents and tools to help you in your role. For further information, take a look at the Learning & Improvement Briefing 10 - New Procedures
- The SSCB Neglect Strategy has been revised to ensure that our response to neglect remains effective and includes use of the recently introduced Graded Care Profile 2 Assessment.
- CSE continues to be an SSCB priority, and as such partner agencies are working to an action plan to improve our strategic response to CSE within Shropshire. Guidance for practitioners and the risk assessment tool have recently been revised and are available on the Shropshire pages of the new West Midlands Safeguarding Children Procedures
- Minutes from the Board Meeting held in December 2016 attached. SSCB Board Meeting Minutes 15 Dec 2016
- New template to assist agencies in providing their reports to child protection conferences Multi-agency CP Conference Report Form
- The latest Briefing from the SSCB Quality & Performance Sub Group regarding findings from Shropshire Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB) multi-agency case audits - messages for practice.
- Self Harm Policy & Guidance Revised Jan 2017. This will be uploaded onto the Child Protection Procedures at the next update.
- New Pre birth assessment policy & guidance Dec 2016
- Updated Resolution Escalation Policy
- The updated West Mercia Consortium Inter Agency Child Protection Procedures Manual is now online
West Mercia Consortium Inter Agency Child Protection Procedures Manual
- SSCB Annual Report 2015-2016 has been published.
- A Serious Case Review published on 19 November 2015 has highlighted the lessons to be learned and concluded that there needs to be more recognition by professionals of the evidence and impact of neglect on children. This document is a statement from SSCB - Learning & Improvement Briefing 7 SCR
- The Department of Health and leading national charity The Children’s Society have developed an engaging and interactive eLearning course to help healthcare professionals and partners protect and identify children and young people at risk of abuse or exploitation. This course is designed to enable all healthcare workers to spot the signs of child sexual abuse and exploitation, and help them create an environment where young people are more likely to disclose.
New eLearning lauched by DoH for healthcare professionals and partners to protect and identify young people at risk of abuse or exploitation
- The Inter-agency Child Protection Procedures have been updated.
- The refresh of the Early Help Strategy for Shropshire 2016-2018 is now live and available on the Early Help website. Early Help Strategy for Shropshire 2016-18
- Information brief from Children's Social Care regarding Working Together in Partnership events held across the county. Briefing Paper on the Children's Social Care Working Together in Partnership Events
- Presentation Slides from Children's Social Care Working Together in Partnership presentation.
- Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Transformation Plan for Children’s Mental Health and Wellbeing 2015-2020 sets out how they plan to transform mental health services for children and young people in line with the requirements set out in the NHS England document ‘Future in Mind’. The plan includes 6 programmes of transformation:* Development of integrated 0-25 years Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service (to replace existing child and adolescent mental health services)* Improved neurodevelopmental assessment pathways* Training and development programme for workers in universal services to improve their knowledge and skills around emotional health and wellbeing of children and young people* Development of specialist eating disorder service for children and young people* Development of all-age psychiatric liaison service* Improved mental health support for pregnant women, new mothers and their families. Summary document - CAMHS Transformation Summary Document Feb 2016. Full document - CAMHS Transformation Full Document Feb 2016
- Ofsted have published revised policy and guidance for whistleblowers: ‘Ofsted Whistleblowing Policy Jan 2016’. The new policy and guidance outlines what Ofsted will do when we receive certain concerns about children’s social care services from a whistleblower. Our previous whistleblowing policy referred only to safeguarding in local authority children’s services, whereas our new policy extends to all matters relating to the inspection and regulation of children’s social care establishments, agencies, services and providers (children’s social care services).If you have any questions about the policy, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Useful Information on Whistleblowing on www.gov.uk
- The West Mercia Consortium Child Protection Procedures have recently been updated. Please follow the link below to the home page of the procedures manual and to view the helpful summary of the chapters that have been updated. SSCB advises that professionals and volunteers copy this link to their desktop for easy access to the latest version of the procedures manual. Update to West Mercia Consortium Child Protection Procedures
- West Mercia and Warwickshire Police & Crime Commissioners have both funded Victim Support to deliver services to victims of crime. As part of this arrangement Victim Support have been able to set up Children and Young People's services and employ caseworkers. The attached letter, dated 6 October 2015, to the SSCB Chair informs what the CYP Caseworker service has to offer. Victim Support's new Children and Young People's Services' Caseworkers
- SSCB have released a NEW Learning & Improvement Briefing (6) in response to the recent publication of a SCR carried out by Telford & Wrekin SCB. This briefing is to remind practitioners to be alert to the vulnerabilities of non-mobile infants and how to respond appropriately to physical injury on a baby.
SSCB Learning & Improvement Briefing No 6
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is any procedure that is designed to alter or injure a girl's (or woman’s) genital organs for non-medical reasons. Female genital mutilation (FGM) is illegal in the UK. It’s also illegal to take a British national or permanent resident abroad for FGM or to help someone trying to do this. For more information follow this link to FGM information